With the increasing competitive environment facing consulting companies and rising insurance prices, Stokes & Spiehler wants to make sure that your company is protected and that the consultant company that you are using has the adequate types and limits of insurance to cover the acts or omissions of its 1099 contractors and W-2 employees.
A Few Questions to Ask Yourself and Your Organization:
1. Does your consultant company provide the adequate General Liability insurance coverage that is required by your company?
2. Does your consultant company’s General Liability insurance policy actually cover their 1099 contract personnel and W-2 employees while they are on your job?
3. Does your consultant company provide the adequate Workers Compensation / Employers Liability insurance coverage that is required by your company and the government?
4. Does your consultant company’s Workers Compensation / Employers Liability insurance policy actually cover their 1099 contract personnel and W-2 employees while they are on your job?
5. What type of agreement exist between the consulting company and their 1099 contract personnel or W-2 employee? Have you reviewed their agreement?
6. Does your consultant company interview the consultant, verify their past employment, and call their references prior to submitting resumes for your project?
Stokes & Spiehler Insurance Details:
Stokes & Spiehler has an $11,000,000 combined general liability & umbrella policy, which covers our 1099 contract personnel, as well as, our W-2 employees while they are on your location working through Stokes & Spiehler.
Stokes & Spiehler has full statutory Workers Compensation coverage, including coverage for the Longshoreman and Harborworkers Compensation Act, that protects our 1099 contract personnel, as well as, our W2 employees while they are on your location working through Stokes & Spiehler.
Stokes & Spiehler has an agreement with each 1099 contractor and W-2 employee on a per job basis that ensures they, as well as, the operator are additionally insured under our insurance policies.
Stokes & Spiehler verifies past employment, checks references, and conducts interviews with each candidate to ensure we are proposing the best candidate for each position.
Please share this information with your legal staff, procurement department, direct supervisors and managers so they can confirm that your company and the consultants they hire are protected while working on your locations. We feel it is important to uphold the integrity of our business in order to serve your company’s needs while protecting the individuals who work through our company.
Please click the "Read More" button below to learn more about our policy.